Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Already causing a scene.

I didn't make it to Whistler yesterday. I nearly didn't make it to Vancouver either... Just the typical kk antics.

It began when I slept in yesterday only arriving to the airport with 45 minutes to get through check-ins and security. The West Jet attendants had to pick me out of line so I could jet my way through the busy 7am rush of business flyers. I was feeling pretty goofy but apparently my jokes weren’t that hilarious because the security guy kept giving me the creep eye. Luckily I wasn’t strip-searched and was able to boot it to my gate, just in time to find out it was delayed. Dope.

When we finally boarded I found myself between these 2 bigger guys one of whom had food poisoning. AWESOME. So there I sat sausaged between two dudes, having my STAR television watching interrupted by vom-town. I actually felt pretty bad for him so we started chatting towards the end of the flight. BAD IDEA. This guy was so anti-Olympics I was wondering why I got on the plane in the first place. This guy was walking all over my Olympic dreams in only a few sentences. I high tailed it to luggage when we got off the plane.

At the airport I met up with an old friend before heading out to Whistler. We decided to stroll the new Vancouver aquarium and grab some lunch. Unfortunately I was also feeling pretty lousy after the flight and was getting kind of worried about my bod. I mentioned it to my friend who decided to take me to the walk-in clinic. I was immediately prescribed some wack antibiotics after a few tests that I now have to take for the next four days. It was at this point I was totally reassessing my Olympic inhibitions - maybe that guy on the plane was right..

My friend and I decided to movie watch for the afternoon and during The Mysteries of Pittsburgh I booked my bus ticket to Whistler. Well so I thought. When I arrived at the bus station for my 7 o'clock departure I discovered that I didn't have a ticket or my wallet. Fantastic - I didn't make it to Whistler - not last night.

After relocating my wallet, I called up my friend and crashed at her place for the night. My cab driver gave me yet another lecture on how awful the Olympics are, leaving me with a few words of advice "Get to Whistler, spend a few days and then leave". What's with all the debbie downers in this town? It really threw off my QI and all the day's shenanigans left wondering if about the rest of my trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment