Thursday, February 11, 2010

THE GAMES BEGIN



The Games begin tomorrow.!! I can't believe it has come so soon, I'm one half beyond excited and one half dreading it. Volunteering is coming from the kindness of my tender loving heart as I learn my position could have been a paid position, I'm offering charity to some of the richest people in the world, and my new routine of 4am wake-ups and 8 o'clock bedtimes. I'm a freakin saint.





This is going to be a test of my love for the outdoors, sport, and winter. Today I spent five hours marching around in blizzard like conditions in the Callaghan Valley, the location of Whistler Olympic Park. My little blue was soaked with snow and my toes were freezing. It was all worth it when I looked across the biathlon track to see massive Whistler snowflakes, and Olympians just doing their athlete thing. The competitive vibe, the excitement of the spectators and the entire world will keep spirits high... not to mention copious amounts of coffee an
d red bull (wish they were sponsors). I am going to have to layer up, look like an overstuffed blue smurf in that VANOC uniform, and enjoy the show.

Tomorrow is the first day of 5 consecutive 12 hour shifts!

One sleep until the opening ceremonies!!



No comments:

Post a Comment